Monday, January 25, 2016

TRANSFERS!!

(ps. i still havent taken any photos with the new sisters but heres a photo of a pretty sunset.)

 Transfers happened this week and Sister Nascimento and I stayed in the same area but we both got new companions!!! My companion is Sister Rocha! Shes super hilarious, shes 27 and from the North East of Brazil so she has a different accent. This is her last transfer so we´re ready to work a ton. 
Sister Nascimento is now with Sister Lopes (who also ended Sister Monteiro´s trainging... haha) Sister Lopes is from São Paulo and is really sweet. We all get along super well and are laughing the whole time were all together. 

This week was super good, we WALKED to one of the farthest neighborhoods to visit a recent-convert, Arthur. He´s only 9 and when we got there we were exhausted so he said he would teach us the lesson. He taught us about spiritual strength using waterbottles. The first water bottle was empty and he crushed it up and said that when our spirits are empty Satan has power to hurt us. Then he took the other water bottle and started filling it up with things we could do to ``fill up`` our spirits (ex. read scriptures, pray, go to church, dont drink coffee, etc.) then he tried to smash it up but could and told us that when our spirits are full Satan will try to hurt us but he wont be able to. It was a lesson we gave him awhile ago and he remembered all of it! hahha it was awesome :) 

which kinda reminds me of a cool scripture; Alma 36:17-20 This part is when Alma the Younger is talking to his son Helaman about his conversion with the angel visited him and he passed out for 3 days....

17 And it came to pass that as I was thus racked with torment, while I was harrowed up by the memory of my many sins, behold, I remembered also to have heard my father prophesy unto the people concerning the coming ofone Jesus Christ, a Son of God, to atone for the sins of the world.

 18 Now, as my mind caught hold upon this thought, I cried within my heart: O Jesus, thou Son of God, have mercy on me, who am in the gall of bitterness, and am encircled about by the everlasting chains of death.

 19 And now, behold, when I thought this, I could remember my pains no more; yea, I was harrowed up by the memory of my sins no more.

 20 And oh, what joy, and what marvelous light I did behold; yea, my soul was filled with joy as exceeding as was my pain!

Alma taught his son always about the Savior and about the gospel but Alma the Younger then tried to destroy the church of Christ BUT in the moment he needed it most, he remembered the things his father had taught him. When we share the gospel with others, friends, family members, children, etc. even when it doesnt seem like they´re very interested, ONE DAY they will remember the testimony you bore and the truths you taught... and those things will have the power to change their lives. That is something HUGE that i have learned on my mission. 

thats all for this week!

thanks for all of your love and support!! 

-Sis Lloyd 

No comments:

Post a Comment