Friday, January 30, 2015

another week!!

January 26, 2015

Wow... this was probably the fastest week yet… and hottest! No, it's
always hot, except when it rains!, then the weather is comfortable,
haha. Speaking of last week, we did laundry and all of our clothes
were hanging up outside, we were in some neighborhood visiting our
investigators ,then we got on the bus to come home and it starts
DUMPING! It was raining so hard! and so we got off the bus and are
basically swimming back to our apartment. All of a sudden Sister Pense
looks at me wide eyed and goes ``NOSSAS ROUPAS!!!!`` hahaha, so our
clothes got a little extra rinse last week...

Also there's a girl who got baptized in October, her name is Ligia,
and she's so awesome!! She's 14 and loves going to lessons with us!
She also helps me with my Portuguese and it's really funny. We were at
her house once talking to her and her mom, her mom is just as awesome
as she is, and Ligia's mom was telling us about her mom and how her
mom is really closed minded and doesn't think she needs the church and
such, but she was really scared to give us her mom's address so we
couldn't really do anything. BUT, one day NONE of our investigators
were home so we were just clapping (yes clapping, not knocking..
weird, and very cool) at random houses and NO ONE was answering and
then we turned to walk away and who do we see? LIGIA!! and where is
Ligia going? TO HER GRANDMAS! So we went with her and taught her
grandparents and I bore my testimony and it was awesome and the spirit
was awesome and I was feeling so good and then all of a sudden her
grandma, Rosaline, turns to her husband and goes ``did you understand
any of that?``
.........................................................................
-_-
So obviously I was pretty down about my Portuguese and I was thinking
this was hopeless and that I'm never gonna learn anything in my life
(dramatic stuff) and then I was studying about diligence and somehow
found the scripture Matthew 10:20 ``For it is not ye that speak, but
the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you`` wow…it was kinda
like a smack in the face. Haha. But then later that night we were
teaching a lesson to this little girl who got baptized in December and
this was the first time her whole family has stayed to hear our
message (her dad is ALWAYS drunk) and as we were teaching the little 4
year old girl, Marcela was crying and people kept leaving and coming
back and it was really distracting. but then I started bearing my
testimony and since everyone has to focus super hard when I talk,
everyone stopped everything and just listened to me and it was dead
silent while I was talking and as Sister Pense says, ``the spirit was
exploding out of me`` so I definitely learned my lesson. Haha

Then we had divisions with the sister training leaders and Sister
Pense decided it would be a brilliant idea to have me stay here and
run the area.... hahahahahahaha yeah... Sister Barrett was my comp for
the day and let's see... we got on the wrong bus, were 3 hours late to
lunch... then all of our investigators weren't home after we walked
around in circles for a good 2 hours trying to find their
houses....yeah.... it wasn't a good idea. OH also, there's these
Charge candy bars here and they're basically a snickers and milky way!
and so I got some for me to eat when I do something cool and I had one
left that I was saving for when I really deserved it, and so I'm
eating dinner and Sister Barrett comes in holding the charge bar and
asks if she can have it........ and I said yes... then she ate it
right in front of me... and that was probably the worst thing that
happened the whole day....

Also one Elder in my district is from Terecena, but he knows English
pretty well, and the other day in English he told me ``you get more
black everyday, your parents aren't gonna recognize you!..... it's
okay... it happens to the best families.`` hahaha
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannd... thats all.
Sis Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment